Extraordinary things are happening in Dallas! Known as the 9th largest city in the United States with 1.2 Million people, Dallas is a city that propels one of the strongest economies in the Nation. We are home of 18 fortune 500 companies such as Exxon Mobile, JC Penny, AT&T, Texas Instruments, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and many others. We are also home of 5 professional sports teams: The Dallas Cowboys (NFL), Dallas Stars (NHL), Dallas Mavericks (NBA), FC Dallas (MLS) and the Texas Rangers (MLB) plus NASCAR and Indy racing not to mention more than 200 golf courses!
Dallas’ established neighborhoods preserve a sense of history and beauty and each community has its own personality. We have one of the top School Districts in the nation in one of the most prestigious neighborhoods . Attractions, fine dinning and entertainment are not an issue in this dynamic city. Dallas has endless options for everyone!
Factoids about Dallas:
- The frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas
- The integrated circuit computer chip (which became the microchip) was invented in Dallas in 1958
- With the roof enclosed, the entire Statue of Liberty could fit into the Cowboys Stadium.
- During the winter holiday season, the Galleria Dallas is home to the country’s tallest indoor Christmas tree.
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
- The Trinity River Corridor Project, when completed, will be more than 10 times the size of New York’s Central Park.
- Highland Park Village Shopping Center, developed in 1931 has the distinction of being the first planned shopping center in America.
- The first convenience store, 7-eleven, got its start in Dallas and the corporation is headquartered there today.
- A few celebrities from the area: Angie Harmon, Luke and Owen Wilson, Nastia Luikin, Lee Trevino, Norah Jones, Erykah Badu, Jessica Simpson
- The Dallas area is the largest metropolitan area in the nation not on a navigable body of water.
- The Dallas-Fort Worth Arlington Metroplex is the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to 23 of the richest Americans.